Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Grammy's Quilt {Family}

My mom is one talented lady.  She has always been an amazing seamstress.  She sewed our childhood Easter dresses, summer shorts, and prom and Homecoming dresses.  

She has now taken it to the next level and has begun quilting.

Now these are not "your grandmother's quilts".  She picks modern fabrics and more contemporary quilt designs.  

She made my Bella the most beautiful baby quilt.  She used the Mckinley quilt pattern from the blog, OCD: Obsessive Craft Disorder (you can find the pattern here).  The fabric she used was the Westminster House Collection Charm Pack.  


The thing I love about quilts, is that they last forever.  Each stitch takes, time, patience and love, adding to its durability and sentimental value.  She will always have "Grammy's Quilt".  


We have had unseasonably warm weather in Oklahoma.  I took advantage of it and took some pictures of Bella on her quilt.  I love how beautiful the quilt photographs.  It is the perfect color pallet for baby portraits!









Here's to the last day of February! - A 

4 comments:

  1. I love quilting too. I've made a quilt for all my boys and they love their "blankets." I can't wait to have a little girl so I can finally make something beautiful like Miss Bella's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and beautiful baby! I love the coloring in the photo, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh..the quilt is beautiful and so is baby Bella!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...